After Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana, National NORML held a conference call with its chapters across the country. The discussion recapped the outcome of the elections (regarding marijuana law), narratives that worked, state and local strategies, generating media effectively, targeting specific demographics and social media points to ponder.
The following blog post is a summary of that conference call with National NORML and its affiliates.
- Recap of Marijuana Related Election Results
- General Messaging and Narratives
- State and Local Strategies to End Marijuana Prohibition
- Coordinating Local Events
- How to Create Own Media (as opposed to “earned media”)
- Who Does Not Support the End of Marijuana Prohibition?
RECAP OF MARIJUANA RELATED ELECTION RESULTS
Six states had marijuana measures on their ballot: Oregon, Colorado, Washington, Montana, Massachusetts and Arkansas.
Oregon’s measure did not pass. It was a broad measure for personal use and distribution of marijuana. There was no campaign to promote…
View original post 2,055 more words